Thursday, October 30, 2008

Meeting WALL • E
I never would’ve thought Pixar’s latest flick Wall•E, would be that impressive. I was impressed hands down. Not just that, I love that dirty piece of metal junk cleaner. Hmmm… if I remember correct, the name stands for Waste Allocator Load Lifter – Earth Class. Thus, the name. in shorter terms, it’s the garbage collector. Hahaha imagine all the filth humans has accumulated left our good Mother Earth to just simply be left wasted and forgotten. And the startling sad fact is…its already happening. That future is just a glimpse away. Tsk.Tsk.

The movie started with that sad fact that everything you see on Earth is a waste. Tall buildings that were so familiar in many Hollywood films were reduced to the presence of the towering garbage that the robots have built for how many years. And the silence was deafening. Earth is such a fucking wasteland. Its so grim, that kids as young as four would say loudly for everyone in the cinema to hear “Are those all garbage?” it made me want to tell the kid, “Yup. And one of those garbage happens to be your own crap.” Hehe. Its just so silent, well not that silent that you don’t really hear anything, but the kind of silence that says you are alone. Of course, the only Earth resident at that time is Wall•E who pretty much enjoys working while listening to a very classic musical song. With only its pet cockroach for company, it enjoys the simplicity of life. Until, it came face-to-face with EVE (which Wall•E pronounces as eee-v-ahh). I can’t help but sympathize for Wall•E’s effort to get to know EVE. I mean being alone and all, meeting EVE brought something out of Wall•E. I guess it brought out the palaboy in itself. Hahaha. Something to look forward to and another robot to converse with.

Wall•E’s so cute when he’s shaking because Eve can really be deadly^^ It grew on me. And the fact, that I would really love to kick some numbskull who is so lazy to get up and move their body around, this is my big fucking middle finger to them. “You don’t use them, then you lose them.” I forgot where I heard this line before, but it is pretty much appropriate, to describe the lack of concern of humans in their surroundings. >:D That’s why I love this film. And that, coming from somebody who is skeptic about this particular movie in the first place. Now Wall•E and EVE is towering over me whenever I wake up, because nowadays, they usually hang around my bedside :D


No comments: