Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ganito Dati… Ganito Ngayon…

DJ Nicoleyala of Love radio (a local FM station in the Philippines), never fails to amuse my thoughts. As a traveling commuter, and no ipod earphones stuck to my ears, I get to hear lots of things that it picks up. Gotta love all that noise in the streets. Hehehe. Sometimes I get to appreciate what I hear, sometimes I don’t. But that darn disc jockey, made me appreciate the corny-ness of her spiels. Because it’s a sad but true fact, that we hardly took notice of unless it hits us right smack in our eyes. Just like this:

Dati, lahat ng nakikita nating naghahalikan ay magsyota.
Ngayon… hindi lahat ng nakikita nating naghahalikan ay magsyota.

(Before, when we see two people kissing– they are a couple.
Today…when we see two people kissing–not all of them are a couple.)

Dati, maraming makikitang naggagandahang babae.
Ngayon…maraming makikitang magaganda, pero hindi lahat babae.

(Before, we see lots of beautiful women.
Today… we see lots of beauty, but not all of them are women.)

Wala lang. break time joke time.

No comments: